If you would like to know more about any of the aspects of our donation process, please contact us and we will be pleased to provide you with further information.
We follow a 5 stage process to ensure that appropriate checks are made for each donation:
1. Institutional - EURMED Online is an account-based system. In order to register, all participants must provide the relevant bona fides and sign an agreement
2. Product - the donor submits all key information relating to the donation. This includes confirming that quality, dating and labelling requirements can be met.
3. Partner - partners must confirm that they have the capabilities to ensure that (amongst other things) the product will be administered by well-trained healthcare professionals, and provided free of charge to the patient.
All donations submitted to EURMED are subject to rigorous assessment to ensure that they are only accepted where it can be demonstrated that there is an urgent need for the specific medicines, and that they are utilised and dispensed safely and appropriately.
EURMED adheres to the WHO Guidelines for Drug Donations (2011); the WEF-OCHA Guiding Principles for Public-Private Collaboration in Humanitarian Action; and the Red Cross/Crescent protocols.
4. Storage and Packaging - the donor will be asked to deliver the product to a warehouse in Europe or we will arrange for shipment ex-works, following an assessment of any special storage or packaging requirements.
5. Shipping - in line with the September 2013 EU Directive on transportation of medicines, EURMED will undertake a risk assessment to determine the most appropriate method of shipment for each donation.
EURMED's activities are covered by a Wholesale Dealer's Authorisation from the UK medicines regulator, the MHRA. EURMED is also regulated as a not-for-profit organisation by the Charity Commission of England and Wales.
EURMED is a division of International Health Partners (UK) Ltd
Charity number: 1105455 | Company number: 5044723 | EORI number GB010120512000
© International Health Partners